Nickel & Nickel Alloys
Applications and Characteristics
Nickel and nickel alloys are used for a wide variety of applications, the majority of which involve corrosion resistance and/or heat resistance where the material is subjected to harsh environments at high temperatures.
Some of these include:
- Aircraft gas turbines
- Steam turbine power plants
- Medical applications
- Nuclear power systems
- Chemical and petrochemical industries
- Heat-Resistant Applications.
Nickel-based alloys offer excellent corrosion resistance to a wide range of corrosive media.
Nickel can have a profound effect on the thermal expansion of iron. Alloys can be designed to have a very low thermal expansion or display uniform and predictable expansion over certain temperature ranges.
- Iron-36% Ni alloy (Invar) has the lowest expansion of the Fe-Ni alloys and maintains nearly constant dimensions during normal variations in atmospheric temperature.
- The addition of cobalt to the nickel-iron matrix produces alloys with a low coefficient of expansion, a constant modulus of elasticity, and high strength.
- Nickel alloys are used in instruments and control equipment to measure and regulate electrical characteristics or are used in furnaces and appliances to generate heat.
- Commercially Pure and Low-Alloy Nickels have controlled compositions having nickel contents ranging from about 94% to virtually 100%. These materials are characterized by high density, offering magnetic and electronic property capabilities. They also offer excellent corrosion resistance to reducing environments, along with reasonable thermal transfer characteristics.
- Nickel-copper alloys have been found to possess excellent corrosion resistance in reducing chemical environments and in sea water, where they deliver excellent service in nuclear submarines and various surface vessels.
We are proud to support our local communities with jobs that offer good working environment, excellent pay and benefits, growth opportunities and stability. Proud to be an American Manufacturer and a Woman Owned Business.Contact Us Today