Employment Opportunities at Glemco
Genuine Leadership and Excellence in Manufacturing, we are Glemco.
We are a well-established manufacturer (40 years) experiencing exciting growth and possibilities looking for talented and motivated people to join us. This is a great place to land if you want to feel appreciated and like you’re making a difference because you’re playing on a winning team. We believe that with the right people on our team we can have it all, professional and financial success and work/life balance. You must be decent human being, you must love what you do, you must never stop learning and be someone who enjoys change and challenge but who can also put a nose to the grindstone. We support growth in all forms.
You can also submit your resume to [email protected].
Current Opportunities at Glemco
CNC Mill or Lathe Operator – Apprenticeship
- Must Enroll in Austin Community College 5-month program sponsored by Workforce Solutions Capital Area
Work Schedule: Includes weekdays M-Th with possible weekends/holidays (TBD when candidate is accepted)
ACC Campus Location:
ACC Highland – 6101 Highland Campus Dr. Austin, TX 78752
Tuesday, and Thursday – 8 AM to 12 PM (subject to change)
Duties and Responsibilities (Under Supervision and in accordance with the CNC program guidelines):
- Set up, load and operate engine lathes to shape complex, small-run parts
- Interpret technical drawings and other work instructions
- Take measurements of parts at setup and completion to determine correctness using precision measuring instruments such as micrometers, dial calipers, depth gages, indicators, and scales
- Communicate with supervisors, engineers, production control employees and other personnel for assignments, and to resolve machining or quality issues
- Transact against jobs to ensure that correct and timely information is recorded
What You Will Need
Education: High school diploma or GED required
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Strong mathematical, writing and communication skills
Key Competencies and Success Factors:
- Ability to collaborate effectively with your teammates
- Results oriented – Consistently achieving results with an appropriate sense of urgency, while balancing competing priorities without comprising quality or safety.
- Able to be resourceful and resilient
- Holds self and others accountable
- Competency using computer systems and MS Office tools
We are proud to support our local communities with jobs that offer good working environment, excellent pay and benefits, growth opportunities and stability. Proud to be an American Manufacturer and a Woman Owned Business.Contact Us Today