Applications and Characteristics
The biggest advantage of boron nitride ceramic materials is their thermomechanical properties. Its thermal properties include expansion coefficient, thermal conductivity, heat capacity, aging under the influence of thermal cycling, and the ability to withstand higher temperatures. These characteristics are advantageous for electronic applications, especially aerospace.
Unlike polymers and epoxy resins, new boron nitride ceramic materials do not exhibit decomposition, and their chemical bonds are not broken by heat and ultraviolet radiation as compared to other substances such as organic matter. In addition, advanced ceramics do not vent gases in extreme vacuum.
Some of the advantages of using boron nitride ceramic materials for aerospace include:
- Thermal expansion coefficient – very close to silicon, much lower than most common metals.
- Excellent electrical isolation – long life even at long temperatures.
- As an insulator, it has good thermal conductivity – which is good for heat diffusion.
- Stable dielectric properties and low losses at high frequencies.
- It is chemically stable relative to many chemicals, moisture, solvents, and consumables.
- The aging of the material is very slow due to the consistency.
- Compatibility with precious metal paste sintering technology – resulting in highly reliable conductors.
- High processing temperature – away from normal operating range.
- Thermal resistance: There is no typical melting, decomposition or softening.
- Mechanical Stiffness – A sensor that allows rigid carriers, hardness, and wear resistance to work in vacuum, fluid, and industrial polluted environments.
- Anti-EUV, plasma and ionizing radiation, and virtually no deflation in high vacuum, is ideal for sensors used in EUV semiconductor devices.
We are proud to support our local communities with jobs that offer good working environment, excellent pay and benefits, growth opportunities and stability. Proud to be an American Manufacturer and a Woman Owned Business.Contact Us Today